Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Friend Zone

Okay okay, so I want to pre-curse this with the fact that I found this article saved to my computer this morning. It is likely about 6 months old. COMPLETELY forgot writing it, but read away.

     So let start by saying, WHATtttt thEEE FUckkk is WROnggg With MEEE?!? Okay okay, that is a little dramatic, but it is sometimes how I feel. I have come to the conclusion that the reason I feel this way is because of something often called “The Friend Zone.” I am a really pretty girl, well “kinda really pretty” by certain peoples standards, but whatever the case I am not in any form of the word unattractive. I even attract guys, and for that matter I attract them quite often.
     My last handful of “relationships” have not ended well… and by ended I mean, they never really started. One of these friendships ended with a simple explanation of, “Sardine, I’m engaged, but want to go get drinks tomorrow?” Well when you put it that way of coarse I want to keep hanging out with you, and breaking some innocent girls heart. Friend zone…. Another started; I mean ended with a text message - “I’m glad you are so cool with us hanging out casually like this.” Ummm casually like what? I was under the impression that you coming over all the time, inviting me to go out, and talking to me on the phone meant something a tad bit different. Yea, that’s correct – I thought you wanted to date me. Friend zone… This third one takes the cake. Numero trace halted by the guy in question pouring his heart out to me about how thoroughly in love he was with one of my good friends. REALLYYYY?!?! We just had sex a couple hours ago, and now you are telling me you love… HER?! Friend zone.
     From this point forward I am declaring myself friend zone free. I will not be your friend with benefits, nor will I be one of the guys. I will be a flirt, tease, and seductive women of honor… or so I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment