Tuesday, December 22, 2009

When daddy let me drive…

Country music holds the ability to express any genuine emotion that an individual may feel throughout life. In my mind this beautiful attribute of old honky-tonk tunes swells during holiday season. Below are some lyric quotes that would give any country fan a warm heart throughout the cold winter. Enjoy.


“A young girl two hands on the wheel, I can't replace the way it made me feel. And he'd say, turn it left, and steer it right. Straighten up girl now, you're doing just fine. Just a little valley by the river where we'd ride, but I was high on a mountain when Daddy let me drive.”

“If I am truly crazy, don't you know I like my life that way, and if I'm really going on out of my mind won't you hop on board and make your getaway.”

“Yeah, everybody gotta get away sometime. Forget about yourself for awhile. Lay your whole life upon a shelf,… I'm okay, I'm alright, carry on.”

“There might be a little dust on the bottle, but don't let it fool ya about what's inside. There might be a little dust on the bottle, It’s one of those things that gets sweeter with time.”

“God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.”

“You know a dream is like a river, ever changin' as it flows. And a dreamer's just a vessel that must follow where it goes. Trying to learn from what's behind you, and never knowing what's in store, makes each day a constant battle just to stay between the shores.”

No comments:

Post a Comment