Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ahhh Tomato, Tomatoe...

"Ohhh yes. Of course I know George Micheal. He's the guy on Rock of Love!"

While discussing information gaps between various generations in the office one morning, my co-workers and I stumbled upon the topic of well-known celebrities of each era.  Apparently Lucy Glib had ran into a bit of a scuffle at her euker game the previous night due to some "Gen Y'er" who didn't know who George Michael was.  Being the only Gen Y in the room, Lucy turns to me and says, "you know who George Michael is right?" Without hesitation I quickly respond, in my most valley-girl-esk attitude, "Ohhh yes. Of course I know George Micheal. He's the guy on Rock of Love!" Needless to say, a blank stare quickly consumed Lucy's face as she reflected on my statement...

NOTE:

         George Michael: According to wikipedia (another folly of my youth), is a English singer-songwriter, most famous for his participation in the musical duo Wham!, as well as for a successful solo career in which he sold over 100 million records worldwide.

Not to be confused with...

       Bret Michaels: Lead vocalist of metal band Poison and star of VH1's Rock of Love with Bret Michaels.

1 comment:

  1. And naturally, you misspelled George Michael. Ahhh, the innocence of youth!

    ReplyDelete