Tuesday, November 24, 2009

E! Online, the new CNN...

"That's weird because I almost never press F5 when I am on a website. Then again, I guess E! Online only need refreshing every few hours."


The website I work for has had a major cacheing problem for the past couple of weeks. This has caused me to press F5 8,000,000,000,001 times per day to judge if the site has updated or not. When discussing this with my boss one morning, I brought up the fact that our general viewers would most likely not be aware of the need to press F5 in order to update the content. I mean who refreshes the webpage they are viewing unless it didn't load correctly? To my surprise, she quickly replied that she in fact refreshes CNN.com often in order to view the most recent top stories. I thought to myself "CNN.com? wtf?, why would you waste your time with that garbage when there are sites such as TMZ and E!??" Just one more example of my innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment