Monday, March 8, 2010

Back to Basics…

This blog originated as a stage to highlight my sardine (ditzy) moments to the public. With that in mind I am going to get back to basics, and provide you with the three consecutive idiocies that managed to leap from my mouth this weekend.

Friday, while deciding on a lunch venue, my coworkers and I were torn between I Dream of Falafel, a Mediterranean wonderland of fried food, and Freshii Salads, a posh create your own salad/wrap joint.  While pondering the two options I added in the argument that I prefer to get Freshii because I don’t trust food from, and I quote, “Falafel-Land” because I don’t even know where that is. This statement was immediately followed by laughter and the rolling of a particular coworker’s eyes. She enjoyed the comment so much that she then proceeded to place it on her Facebook status. Moral of the story, Falafels are simply a Mediterranean food with no particular country association.

After work a group of people headed to the ever reliable Franklin Tap for a few end of the day cocktails. Once seated, the random conversations spun from one subject to the next, eventually landing on Zima, the discontinued malt liquor often seen in television and movies. The ensuing conversation is seen below:
Coworker #1: Ahhh Zima was so good.
Sardine: Are you kidding? Zima is STILL so good!
Coworker #1: Ummm they discontinued it…
Sardine: No, they still have it on Family Guy!
Coworker #1: Yea, and Family Guy is a cartoon. There are talking dinosaurs on cartoons, but you don’t see any of those strolling around, do ya?

Sunday afternoon while driving back from Wisconsin with a friend, I stopped at a highway oasis for a scrumptious vanilla milkshake. As we pulled out of the parking lot, I found myself convinced that proceeding forward would put us on the wrong side of the highway, and lead us back to WI. With this in mind I said, “Stop, you are going the wrong way!” My friend quickly reminded me that we were at a highway oasis, so there is only one way to go. Doii, I’m such a sardine!

No comments:

Post a Comment