Thursday, March 11, 2010

Peace, yo…

“Yeah. Peace, as in your middle and index finger!”

While partaking in what has become a bi-weekly wine and movie night, my roommate began to scuffle with her long-distance boyfriend over BBM. (Blackberry Messenger, for all you iPiece “of crap”users) The topic of this disagreement is not particularly important, but the way in which the conversation ended surely takes the cake. After seemingly being ignored my roommate decided to end the conversation; the nightcap went as such…

Roommate: “Fine, Peace”

Boyfriend: “Peace?”

Roommate: “Yeah. Peace, as in your middle and index finger!”

I instantly burst into laughter as my roommate reiterated these words to me in a tone full of satisfaction and pride. Be us three bottles of sweet moscato deep, it wasn’t so much the witty words that caused my hilarity as the tone with which they were stated. The sense of accomplishment in her voice created a snooty air that was surprisingly refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment