Monday, March 15, 2010

With a dream and my cardigan…

Per usual, my roommate and I were running amuck in Wrigleyville this weekend to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day when the unbelievable happened. As we turned to continue up the stairs from the basement bathrooms of Casey Moran’s, a seemingly ‘normal’ guy yelled, “Look it’s Miley Cyrus!” and pointed in our direction. Completely bewildered, we both immediately looked behind us figuring that there was no chance in hell that he was talking about one of us. It turns out, he was. This non-attractive definitely ineligible bachelor was indeed referring to me, as Miley Cyrus, the 17 year old ex Disney Channel/Hannah Montana star and daughter of Billy Ray. Let it be known that aside from the long dark brunette hair, there is a very limited physical resemblance between janky toothed Cyrus and me. Also, she is obviously under the legal drinking age of 21. I mean I know they do things a little different in Tennessee, but they do not allow 17 year olds into bars, especially on holiday weekends. That aside, what was this guy thinking?!? I have come up with two possible answers to what could have been running through his Styrofoam ball of a head. First, maybe he thought I idolized her, and that referring to me as the mighty Cyrus would give him a one way ticket into my pants? Doubtful, yet believable from a twenty-something skeeze-ball at Casey’s. Second, he might have been hallucinating due to all of the bright green t-shirts, Mardi Gras beads, and beer that he actually believed I was the one and only Nashville teen star. Either way, I guess I will take it as a complement, and remember to dye my hair back light ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment