Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Inglorious bastard… yes singular…

With the Oscar night right around the corner, I finally found a moment to sit down with a warm blanket, pop in Inglorious Bastards, and see what all the fuss is about. Ohh, don’t worry, fuss I did; throughout the ENTIRE film. Maybe it was that I came into the movie with extremely overrated expectations or that I had been patiently waiting to see Quentin’s latest flick since it was in theaters, but either way I was left with a feeling of utter disappointment when the credits rolled. The mix of tedious subtitles, puzzling plotlines, and Brad Pitts over acting caused an explosion of disgust to swell in my stomach. If it weren’t for Mr. Brangelina’s good looks I have a feeling my pointer finger would have ventured to the power button right after the Laurent family massacre.  I’m sorry Tarantino, but you really blew it with this one. Maybe you need to make another zombie flick? 

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree about Pitt's overacting, but I liked the movie! One of my favorites of Oscar season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no no... I take your opinions to heart, but it was far to confusing of a move. The Blindside gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete